Herbal Foundations: Root Program in Spokane
A Certificate Program in Herbal Medicine
Now Accepting Applications for 2020!
It is time to get excited about plants and awaken your passion for natural healing! This six month long, one weekend a month program is for the beginning to intermediate student who wants more in depth knowledge about medicinal plants.
Make a deeper connection to the earth. Discover the healing properties of medicinal plants – a special and unique part of our world. Come on a journey with us and experience an intimate connection with healing herbs including many that grow in our area. Students will foster a life long relationship with herbs as we explore the healing power of plants and the study of herbal medicine. The Herbal Foundations Certificate Program is valuable, both for herb enthusiasts and professionals* wanting to add to their healing repertoire.
The Herbal Foundations ROOT Program
- Herbal Topics: Herbal First Aid, Herbs for Cold, Ear, Nose & Throat, Plant Spirit Medicine, Plant Journaling, Herbs for Elders, Herbs for Children, Herbs for Pregnancy, Herbs for Breastfeeding
- Medicine Making: Oxymels, Herbal Vinegars, Herbal Honeys, Herbal Glycerites and more!
- Body Care: Lotions, Toners, Cleansers
- Field Trips: Wildcrafting plants of the Rocky Mountains, Medicinal Gardens, Wildcrafting Ethics
- Aromatherapy: Safety and efficacy issues, Materia Medica of Oils, Dosage and application, Recipes
- Materia Medica: Learn the healing properties of specific plants, many from our own region.
- Students will complete Herbal Foundations with an assortment of herbal products made in class, an herbal journal, as well as receiving a certificate on completion of the course. Completion entails completing all assignments and missing no more than 3 classes throughout the program.
*The Montana Board of Chiropractors has approved Herbal Foundations to offer continuing education units for chiropractors. Massage therapists have also received continuing education credits.
Dates & Times:
The program runs 70+ hours. Hours: 9am-4pm. Dates are subject to change.
Class happens in Spokane, Saturday and Sunday from 9am-4pm one weekend a month from April – October 2020. Dates: April 25-26, May 30-31, June 27-28, August 29-30, September 26-27, October 24-25. Dates are subject to change.
This program does not require any previous education related to herbal medicine.
We are now accepting applications for 2020. There is no deadline for application, however applications are considered upon their submission and we expect the program to fill. Note that a deposit is required along with the application to register for the class, so please call or e-mail with any questions or concerns before applying.
Please fill out and send us the HF Appplication form
Includes more than 70 hours of instruction and all herbal products made in class. There are also 2 additional texts to purchase separately for this program.Contact us for payment options. *$50 extra for CEUs.
There is a $100 application deposit fee necessary for acceptance into the program. It is non-refundable and will be applied towards tuition upon acceptance to the program. We accept cash, check, money orders or credit card. The remaining tuition is due by January 1. Payment plans are available and an additional $100 administrative fee is charged up front. Tuition includes all classes, and medicine making supplies. The books used for class are extra. *$50 extra for CEUs.
3 Payment Options: Paying by check or money order is ALWAYS appreciated, as it helps us keep our costs (like tuition!) down. You can also pay online here:
1) Pay In Full: $900. Checks or Money orders can be sent to Green Path Herb School P.O. Box 7813, Missoula MT 59807. Or pay online:
2) Secure Your Space (if you want to pay the rest later): $100 non-refundable deposit. Checks or Money orders can be sent to Green Path Herb School P.O. Box 7813, Missoula MT 59807. Or pay online:
3) Payment plans are also available. Contact the school if you have questions.
Questions? Get in touch:
- Call us at 406-274-2009
- Email us at: [email protected]
- $100 of the program (called the deposit) is non-refundable upon registering for the program.
- If a student cancels after the classes have begun, a calculation of all allowable charges shall be made using the date that we received written notification of termination.
- If cancelling at the first class, 50% of the total tuition is refundable.
- If cancelling at the second class, 25% of the total tuition is refundable.
- After the second class, no refunds are given and the total sum of tuition is owed in full, even if not all classes are attended.
- All students making payments are still subject to the Refund Policy terms.
What Students Are Saying:
Thank you so much for the great information you provided – your presentation of the material was entertaining and professional and I appreciate your approachability. Your store, course and philosophies are a real gift to our community. –S.Richardson
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing knowledge and time with so many people. You have been such an inspiration to me, and I don’t think I would have had the resources or info I needed to begin this journey without your help! –Kristin
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity! I have thoroughly enjoyed the class and look forward to more in the future! –K.W.
Thank you for the AMAZING class this summer! –P.P.
This program has inspired and empowered me to incorporate herbal methods for health and healing into my everyday life. I now have a new understanding of the way my body functions and ways I can nourish and heal it, naturally. – M.L.