Herbalist Certificate Program
Green Path Herb School:
Discover a new and exciting direction in your life: explore the ancient art and modern science of herbal healing! A comprehensive program catering to those interested in becoming professional herbalists, this curriculum is designed to provide a total immersion into natural healing and medicinal plants. Students will take away from this course the skill set and confidence needed to practice herbalism.
Herbalist Certificate Program:
- 450+ class hours over a span of 6 months. Classes start January 30, 2017 and run Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am-4pm, with several wildcrafting fieldtrips. The program ends the third week of July. This program is in house only.
Herbal Therapeutics, Materia Medica, Wildcrafting/Field Trips, Medicine Making, Anatomy and Physiology, Botany, Nutrition, Western Constitutional Herbal Medicine, Plant Constituents & Contraindications, Student Research Projects, Herbal Perspectives on Health Issues, Aromatherapy, Gardening, Permaculture, Wild Foods, Plant Spirit Medicine, History of Western Herbalism, Ayurveda, Physical Assessment, Flower Essences, Clinical Skills, Herbal Body Care, Chinese Herbs and Medicine.
- Upon completion, each student will receive a certificate. Completion entails completing all assignments and missing no more than 6 classes throughout the program.
This program does not require any previous education related to herbal medicine.
We are accepting applications for 2017. There is no deadline for application, however applications are considered upon their submission and we expect the program to fill. Note that a deposit is required along with the application to secure an interview, so please call or e-mail with any questions or concerns before applying.
There is a $250 application deposit fee necessary for acceptance into the program. It is non-refundable and will be applied towards tuition upon acceptance to the program. The deposit is refunded in full if the student is not accepted into the program. We accept cash, check, or credit card. The remaining tuition of $4050 is due by January 1st. Payment plans are available and an additional $200 administrative fee is charged up front.
Tuition is $4300.
3 Tuition Options:
- Pay a $250 deposit to save your space. This will also secure your early bird discount if paid by October 31. The deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance into the program and goes toward tuition.
- Pay Full Registration: $4300
- Payment plans are also available. Contact the school if you have questions.
Tuition includes all classes, handouts, materials and some medicine making supplies. Please include in your budget a minimum of $500 for tools, books, medicine making supplies, and travel expenses.
- The $250 deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance into the program.
- A full refund of tuition (less the $250.00 deposit) will be paid to the student if she/he withdraws (in writing) before the first day of class.
- If a student cancels after the classes have begun, a calculation of all allowable charges shall be made using the date that we received written notification of termination.
- If a student withdraws from any program, a refund calculation will applied based on the following:
less than 10% of course completed = 75% refund
more than 10 % and less than 25% of course completed = 50% refund
more than 25% and less than 50% of course completed = 25% refund
over 50% of course completed = 0% refund