Herbalist Certificate Program
A comprehensive program catering to those interested in becoming professional herbalists, this curriculum is designed to provide a total immersion into natural healing and medicinal plants. Students will take away from this course the skill set and confidence needed to practice herbalism. Discover a new and exciting direction in your life: explore the ancient art and modern science of herbal healing!
Herbalist Certificate Program:
- 450+ class hours over a span of 6 months. Classes start January 28, 2019 and runs Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week from 9am-4pm, with several wildcrafting field trips. The program ends the third week of July. This program is in house only.
Herbal Therapeutics, Materia Medica, Wildcrafting/Field Trips, Medicine Making, Botany, Nutrition, Western Constitutional Herbal Medicine, Herbal Actions and Energetics, Plant Constituents & Contraindications, Student Research Projects, Herbal Perspectives on Health Issues, Aromatherapy, Gardening, Permaculture, Wild Foods, Plant Spirit Medicine, History of Western Herbalism, Ayurveda, Physical Assessment, Flower Essences, Clinical Skills, Botanical Drawing, Herbal Body Care, Chinese Herbs and Medicine.
- Upon completion, each student will receive a certificate. Completion entails completing all assignments and missing no more than 8 class days throughout the program.
This program does not require any previous education related to herbal medicine.
We are accepting applications for 2019. There is no deadline for application, however applications are considered upon their submission and we expect the program to fill. Note that a deposit is required along with the application to secure an interview, so please call or e-mail with any questions or concerns before applying.
There is a $450 application deposit fee necessary for acceptance into the program. It is non-refundable and will be applied towards tuition upon acceptance to the program. The deposit is refunded in full if the student is not accepted into the program. We accept cash, check, or credit card. The remaining tuition of $3850 is due by January 1st. Payment plans are available and an additional $200 administrative fee is charged up front.
3 Tuition Options:
- Pay a $450 deposit to save your space. The deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance into the program and goes toward tuition.
- Pay Full Registration: $4300
- Payment plans are also available. Contact the school if you have questions.
Tuition includes all classes, handouts, materials and some medicine making supplies. Please include in your budget a minimum of $600 for tools, books, medicine making supplies, and travel expenses.
- The $450 deposit is non-refundable upon acceptance into the program.
- A full refund of tuition (less the $450.00 deposit) will be paid to the student if she/he withdraws (in writing) before the first day of class.
- If a student cancels after the classes have begun, a calculation of all allowable charges shall be made using the date that we received written notification of termination.
- If a student withdraws from any program, a refund calculation will applied based on the following:
- Less than 10% of course completed = 75% refund
- More than 10 % and less than 25% of course completed = 50% refund More than 25% and less than
- 50% of course completed = 25% refund Over 50% of course completed = 0% refund
- After 50% of the course is over, the total sum of tuition is owed in full, even if not all classes are attended.
- All students making payments are still subject to the Refund Policy terms.