A Year Long Certificate Program in Herbal Medicine
Now Accepting Applications for 2021!
It is time to get excited about plants and awaken your passion for natural healing! This year long, one weekend a month program is for the beginning to intermediate student who wants more in depth knowledge about medicinal plants.
Make a deeper connection to the earth. Discover the healing properties of medicinal plants – a special and unique part of our world. Come on a journey with us and experience an intimate connection with healing herbs including many that grow in our area. Students will foster a life long relationship with herbs as we explore the healing power of plants and the study of herbal medicine. The Herbal Foundations Certificate Program is valuable, both for herb enthusiasts and professionals* wanting to add to their healing repertoire.
The Herbal Foundations Program
- Herbs for Body Systems: Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Nervous System, Reproductive System, Kidneys and Bladder, Liver and Digestive System, Skin, Muscular Skeletal System, Lymphatic System, Immune System
- Medicine Making: Medicine making tools, Herb drying and processing, Capsule making, Tinctures, Cough syrups, Salves, Herbal oils, Teas, Decoctions, Poultices, Liniments, Hydrotherapy
- Field Trips: Wildcrafting plants of the Rocky Mountains, Medicinal Gardens, Wildcrafting Ethics
- Actions & Energetics: Herbal properties and effects
- Materia Medica: Learn the healing properties of specific plants, many from our own region.
- Students will complete Herbal Foundations with a full natural medicine chest created with their own hands, as well as a certificate upon completion of the course. Completion entails completing all assignments and missing no more than 3 classes throughout the program.
*The Montana Board of Chiropractors has approved Herbal Foundations to offer continuing education units for chiropractors. Massage therapists have also received continuing education credits.
Dates & Times:
The program runs 70+ hours. Hours: 9am-4pm. Dates are subject to change.
- Class happens Saturday (and one Sunday in November) of every month from 9am-4pm. Dates are January 11, February 8, March 14, April 11, May 16, June 13, July 11, August 8, September 12, October 10 and November 14-15. Dates are subject to change.
This program does not require any previous education related to herbal medicine.
We are now accepting applications for 2021. There is no deadline for application, however applications are considered upon their submission and we expect the program to fill. Note that a deposit is required along with the application to register for the class, so please call or e-mail with any questions or concerns before applying.
Includes more than 70 hours of instruction and all herbal products made in class. There are also 2 additional texts to purchase separately for this program.Contact us for payment options. There is a $50 extra charge for CEUs.
There is a $100* application deposit fee necessary for acceptance into the program. It is non-refundable and will be applied towards tuition, only for the year applying, upon acceptance to the program.
We accept cash, check, money order or credit card. The remaining tuition is due by January 1. Payment plans are available and an additional $100* administrative fee is charged up front.
3 Payment Options: Paying by check or money order is ALWAYS appreciated, as it helps us keep our costs (like tuition!) down. You can also pay online:
- Pay In Full after November 1: $900*.
- Secure Your Space (if you want to pay the rest later): $100* non-refundable deposit.
- Payment plans are also available. Contact the school if you have questions.
*Please note: due to the fees charged by these companies, all credit card and Paypal transactions are charged a non-refundable (approximate 3%) transaction fee. Checks or Money orders can be sent to Green Path Herb School P.O. Box 7813, Missoula MT 59807
Tuition includes all classes, and medicine making supplies. The books used for class are extra. *$50 extra for CEUs.
- $100 of the program (called the deposit) is non-refundable upon registering for the program.
- If a student cancels after the classes have begun, a calculation of all allowable charges shall be made using the date that we received written notification of termination.
- If cancelling at the first class, 50% of the total tuition is refundable.
- If cancelling at the second class, 25% of the total tuition is refundable.
- After the second class, no refunds are given and the total sum of tuition is owed in full, even if not all classes are attended.
- All students making payments are still subject to the Refund Policy terms.
- Send a check or money order (or pay online) in with your application form to Green Path Herb School P.O. Box 7813, Missoula MT 59807
- Fill out the HF Appplication form
- Call us at 406-274-2009
- Email us at: [email protected]
Thank you so much for the great information you provided – your presentation of the material was entertaining and professional and I appreciate your approachability. Your store, course and philosophies are a real gift to our community. –S.Richardson
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing knowledge and time with so many people. You have been such an inspiration to me, and I don’t think I would have had the resources or info I needed to begin this journey without your help! –Kristin
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity, Elaine! I have thoroughly enjoyed the class and look forward to more in the future! –K.W.
Thank you for the AMAZING class this summer! –P.P.
This program has inspired and empowered me to incorporate herbal methods for health and healing into my everyday life. I now have a new understanding of the way my body functions and ways I can nourish and heal it, naturally. – M.L.
Now Accepting Applications for 2020!