A Year Long Certificate Program in Herbal Medicine
In 2018: Happening in Missoula, Montana and near Spokane, Washington!
It is time to get excited about plants and awaken your passion for natural healing! This year long, one weekend a month program is for the beginning to intermediate student who wants more in depth knowledge about medicinal plants.
Make a deeper connection to the earth. Discover the healing properties of medicinal plants – a special and unique part of our world. Come on a journey with us and experience an intimate connection with healing herbs including many that grow in our area. Students will foster a life long relationship with herbs as we explore the healing power of plants and the study of herbal medicine. The Herbal Foundations Certificate Program is valuable, both for herb enthusiasts and professionals* wanting to add to their healing repertoire.
The Herbal Foundations Program
- Herbs for Body Systems: Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Nervous System, Reproductive System, Kidneys and Bladder, Liver and Digestive System, Skin, Muscular Skeletal System, Lymphatic System, Immune System
- Medicine Making: Medicine making tools, Herb drying and processing, Capsule making, Tinctures, Cough syrups, Salves, Herbal oils, Teas, Decoctions, Poultices, Liniments, Hydrotherapy
- Field Trips: Wildcrafting plants of the Rocky Mountains, Medicinal Gardens, Wildcrafting Ethics
- Actions & Energetics: Herbal properties and effects
- Materia Medica: Learn the healing properties of specific plants, many from our own region.
- Students will complete Herbal Foundations with a full natural medicine chest created with their own hands, as well as a certificate upon completion of the course. Completion entails completing all assignments and missing no more than 3 classes throughout the program.
*The Montana Board of Chiropractors has approved Herbal Foundations to offer continuing education units for chiropractors.
Dates & Times:
The program runs 70+ hours. Hours: 9am-4pm. Dates are subject to change.
- Missoula: Class happens one Saturday (and Sunday in September) of every month from 9am-4pm, 2018. Dates are January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14, May 19, June 9, July 14, August 11, September 15-16, October 13 and November 10.
- Spokane Area (Liberty Lake): Class happens one weekend a month from April-October 2018. Dates are April 28-29, May 19-20, June 23-24, July 28-29, August (skip), September 22-23, and October 20-21.
This program does not require any previous education related to herbal medicine.
We are now accepting applications for 2018. There is no deadline for application, however applications are considered upon their submission and we expect the program to fill. Note that a deposit is required along with the application to secure an interview, so please call or e-mail with any questions or concerns before applying.
Cost: Save $50 with early registration! $850* if registered by October 31, 2017. $900* if registering November 1 or after. Includes more than 70 hours of instruction, all handouts and herbal products made in class. Contact us for payment options. *$50 extra for CEUs.
There is a $50 application deposit fee necessary for acceptance into the program. It is non-refundable and will be applied towards tuition upon acceptance to the program. We accept cash, check, or credit card. The remaining tuition of $850 ($800 for the early enrollment special) is due by January 1st. Payment plans are available and an additional $50 administrative fee is charged up front.
3 Tuition Options:
- Secure Your Space: $50 non-refundable deposit. Balance is due by January 1, 2018.
- Pay In Full: $900*.
- Payment plans are also available. Contact the school if you have questions.
Tuition includes all classes, handouts, materials and some medicine making supplies. *$50 extra for CEUs.
- The $50 deposit is non-refundable upon registering for the program.
- If canceling at the first class, 50% of the total tuition is refundable.
- If canceling at the second class, 25% of the total tuition is refundable.
- After the second class, no refunds are given.
Thank you so much for the great information you provided – your presentation of the material was entertaining and professional and I appreciate your approachability. Your store, course and philosophies are a real gift to our community. –S.Richardson
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing knowledge and time with so many people. You have been such an inspiration to me, and I don’t think I would have had the resources or info I needed to begin this journey without your help! –Kristin
Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity, Elaine! I have thoroughly enjoyed the class and look forward to more in the future! –K.W.
Thank you for the AMAZING class this summer! –P.P.
This program has inspired and empowered me to incorporate herbal methods for health and healing into my everyday life. I now have a new understanding of the way my body functions and ways I can nourish and heal it, naturally. – M.L.